OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Privacy of your personal information is an important part of our practice.. We understand the importance of protecting your personal information. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing your personal information responsibly. We also try to be as open and transparent as possible about the way we handle your personal information. It is important to us to provide this service to our patients. Do not hesitate to discuss our policies with us by reaching us at email@example.com or by calling us at 613-701-0888.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When using this website (https://newteethinaday.ca/), you may be asked to provide your full name, email address, phone numbers, street address and any other information that would allow someone to contact you.
You may also be asked to provide your dental and medical histories.
HOW NEW TEETH IN A DAY COLLECTS, USES AND DISCLOSES PATIENTS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION
All staff members who come in contact with your personal information are aware of the sensitive nature of the information that you have disclosed to us. They are all trained in the appropriate uses and protection of your information. We understand the importance of protecting your personal information. To help you understand how we are doing that, we have outlined here how we use and disclose your information.
New Teeth in a Day will collect, use and disclose information about you for the following purposes:
- to deliver safe and efficient patient care
- to identify and to ensure continuous high quality service
- to assess your health needs
- to provide health care
- to advise you of treatment options
- to enable us to contact you
- to establish and maintain communication with you
- to offer and provide treatment, care and services in relationship to the oral and maxillofacial complex and dental care generally
- to communicate with other treating health-care providers, including specialists and general dentists who are the referring dentists and/or peripheral dentists
- to allow us to maintain communication and contact with you to distribute health-care information and to book and confirm appointments
- to allow us to efficiently follow-up for treatment, care and billing
- for teaching and demonstrating purposes on an anonymous basis
- to complete and submit dental claims for third party adjudication and payment
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including the delivery of patients’ charts and records to the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario in a timely fashion, when required, according to the provisions of the Regulated Health Professions Act
- to comply with agreements/undertakings entered into voluntarily by the member with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, including the delivery and/or review of patients’ charts and records to the College in a timely fashion for regulatory and monitoring purposes
- to permit potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisors to evaluate the dental practice
- to allow potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisors to conduct an audit in preparation for a practice sale
- to deliver your charts and records to the dentist’s insurance carrier to enable the insurance company to assess liability and quantify damages, if any
- to prepare materials for the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (HPARB)
- to invoice for goods and services
- to process credit card payments
- to collect unpaid accounts
- to assist New Teeth in a Day to comply with all regulatory requirements to comply generally with the law
By using our website https://newteethinaday.ca/ and/or any form therein, you have agreed that you have given your informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes that are listed. If a new purpose arises for the use and/or disclosure of your personal information, we will seek your approval in advance. By using this website and/or any form therein, you agree to the fact that information has been provided to us to the best of your knowledge, and that New Teeth in a Day will use this information under the assumption that it was given correctly and truthfully.
Your information may be accessed by regulatory authorities under the terms of the RHPA for the purposes of the RCDSO, and for the defense of a legal issue.
New Teeth in a Day will not under any conditions supply anyone with your confidential medical history. When unusual requests are received, we will contact you for permission to release such information. We may also advise you if such a release is inappropriate. You may withdraw your consent for use or disclosure of your personal information, and we will explain the ramifications of that decision, and the process.